Wayra Next Trend

  • en
  • es
  • 5 tools for the digital nomadic worker

    Being a digital nomad is a trend that has gained many followers around the world. These are people who work remotely using the internet to offer products or services to all kinds of customers while traveling around the world and filling up with new experiences every day.

    More than a way of working, it is a way of life that brings interesting benefits and a trend that is becoming more common in different countries thanks to the possibilities offered by digital tools. Thus, 54% of those who consider themselves digital nomads travel full-time, while the remaining 46% say they travel part-time. In addition, 51% say they live in hotels.

    If you want to know more about the life of the digital nomads, here are all the details you want to know about how telecommuting works while moving around the world and what tools are indispensable for leading this lifestyle.

    The benefits of being a digital nomad

    Undoubtedly, the generational change is one of the main factors that have given way to this way of living that poses a change in priorities: less material goods and more life experiences that allow you to learn. In return, digital nomads enjoy great advantages: 

    Freedom

    Remote working gives you the freedom to move around whenever you want and perform from anywhere in the world (provided you have a good connection). So you can have your office in the middle of a forest or by the sea, a privilege that would be unthinkable in the traditional way of working. 

    Flexible working hours

    Generally, digital nomads do not work to a schedule, but their work is organized into goals to be achieved in a given time, which requires them to be very disciplined and responsible. 

    So if you decide to embark on a nomadic lifestyle, you can organise your work to suit your own convenience and always have room for a break.

    More work alternatives

    Changing locations from time to time gives you endless options to make good contacts and access jobs in different countries. As everything works digitally, it doesn’t matter where you are as long as you can get your tasks done 

    Who can follow the digital nomad lifestyle?

    In theory, we can all make some changes to our habits to adapt to this new way of life. For example, the context of the global health crisis has pushed many people to adopt teleworking as a new work paradigm, in the absence of other options that would allow them to continue to perform in person.  

    In Spain alone, it is estimated that during the pandemic, the number of workers working under this formula increased from 4.8% of those employed in 2019 to 34%, which poses a challenge for those who are less familiar with new technologies.

    However, since some jobs operate mostly through digital platforms, there are certain professions where it is easier to be a digital nomad. Some of these are:

    • Web programming and design
    • Online consultant
    • Photographer
    • Copywriting and web editor
    • Online translator
    • Digital Marketing Analyst
    • Social Media
    • E-commerce
    • Cybersecurity

    Teleworking tools that serve digital nomads

    If you want to work professionally remotely, it is essential to use the proper tools.

    1. Laptop: choose one that covers all your work needs. Most of the professions practiced by digital nomads require high-performance equipment, so keep yourself updated on the latest technologies.
    2. Disco duro externo y almacenamiento: always useful to extend your storage capacity and, more importantly, to have a backup of your most important files. Also, don’t forget about cloud storage, so you can access your work from anywhere. Platforms such as Dropbox and Google Cloud offer fast and intuitive solutions.
    3. Powerbank: You can’t run out of battery! This is fundamental for all digital nomads. Thanks to technologies such as ChargedUp you can have powerbanks wherever you go.
    4. Online platforms: having some work management software will allow you to get better organised wherever you go.  Trello is an app that helps you organize your tasks through digital dashboards; Slack, on the other hand, will allow you to keep in touch with your clients in a more comfortable and professional way. TuImpresora is an online printing service that will allow you to receive your print outs in less than 24 hours in an easy, faster and more sustainable way.
    5. Power adapter: if you travel in other countries you will notice that in some places the power outlets are different, and you will need an adapter to connect your devices.

    Share your feedback with the Next Trend community

    Your opinion inspires other users

    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *